SAN DIEGO – September 15, 2020 – Psyonix, the San Diego video game developer, has announced that Rocket League is going free to play on September 23!
An update will go live on all platforms tomorrow, September 16, at 9 a.m. PDT (4 p.m. UTC) to prepare Rocket League for the free to play transition. Below is a breakdown of what goes live during tomorrow’s update and what will be available when free to play launches on September 23:
- Cross-Platform Progression Linking – Existing players will be able to link their platforms to their Epic Games Account. More information can be found in the blog post HERE
- Legacy Status Items – Players that already own and have played Rocket League will receive their Legacy items
- Support-A-Creator Live – Rocket League will join the Epic Games Support-A-Creator program. Beginning tomorrow, players will be able to enter a Creator Code in the Item Shop which allows Creators to earn 5% of Credits Spent when their Creator Code is used
- Various Quality of Life Changes and Additions – More info found in today’s blog
Free to Play Launch on September 23
- Epic Games Store Debut – Rocket League will make its debut on the Epic Games Store when Rocket League goes free to play! Players can add it to their wishlist HERE. Players who download and launch the game on EGS will also receive the Sun Ray Boost and Hot Rocks Trail items!
- Revamped Tournaments and Challenges – Updates to the Tournaments and Challenges systems will be live
- Season 1 Rocket Pass – Rocket Pass returns with the beginning of Season 1! More details on Season 1 will be revealed soon
- Two New Item Packs – The Endo Starter Pack and Jäger Pack will be available for purchase. The packs will contain:
- Endo Starter Pack – Endo, Gaiden Wheels (Grey), Neo-Thermal Boost, Friction Trail, and 500 Credits
- Jäger Pack – Jäger 619 (Titanium White), Apparatus Wheels (Titanium White), Toon Goal Explosion (Titanium White), and 1000 Credits
Lastly, in order to celebrate Rocket League going free to play, there will be an all new in-game event called Llama-Rama soon after the September 23 launch. More information about this event will be shared in the near future!
For more in-depth information about what’s coming in tomorrow’s update and free to play launch on September 23, check out the latest blog post HERE and check out the new trailer HERE. Assets can be found HERE.
ABOUT ROCKET LEAGUE
Winner or nominee of more than 150 “Game of the Year” awards, Rocket League is one of the most critically-acclaimed sports games of our generation. Rocket League is a high-powered hybrid of arcade-style soccer and vehicular mayhem with easy-to-understand controls and fluid, physics-driven competition. Available on Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and PC, Rocket League includes nearly endless customization possibilities, a fully-featured offline season mode, multiple game types, casual and competitive online matches, and special “Mutators” that let you change the rules entirely.
To learn more about Rocket League, please visit www.RocketLeague.com, “Like” it on Facebook, and follow it on Twitter @RocketLeague for all the latest developer updates and news.
Based in San Diego, CA, Psyonix is a critically-acclaimed video game developer and a leading expert in Unreal Engine technology. For more than 15 years, the studio has been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III, Unreal Tournament 2004, and the award-winning Sports-Action hit, Rocket League®.
© 2015-2020 Psyonix LLC. Rocket League, Psyonix, and all related marks and logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of Psyonix LLC. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.