August 7 2020 — World of Tanks Console is excited to announce that ‘SummerSlam Showdown,’ an event supporting military veterans, will stream this Saturday, August 8 at 11pm BST on the World of Tanks YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitch pages. Hosted by WWE announcer Corey Graves and featuring WWE Hall of Famer “Stone Cold” Steve Austin and WWE Superstars Kofi Kingston, Big E and Lacey Evans, ‘SummerSlam Showdown’ will consist of the following schedule of activities:
- Tanker’s Feast – In collaboration with Baptist Emergency Hospital and non-profit military organizations Wish for our Heroes and Heroes Sports, WWE Superstars Kofi Kingston and Big E of The New Day, the longest reigning Tag Team Champions in WWE history, take control of the world’s largest BBQ Pit, “Cuz,” to prepare more than 1,000 meals that will be delivered to veterans in the San Antonio area.
- America’s Best – Join WWE Hall of Famer “Stone Cold” Steve Austin for a very special interview and discussion as he engages with U.S. military veterans to talk about their experiences.
- Tank Paint Job – Military expert and YouTube host Edwin Sarkissian and renown graffiti artist “Sloke” redesign a real MK5 Centurion tank with a distinctive ‘SummerSlam Showdown’ paint job.
- Showdown – WWE Hall of Famer “Stone Cold” Steve Austin and WWE Superstar Lacey Evans each lead their own teams in a best of three head-to-head World of Tanks Console competition hosted by WWE announcer Corey Graves.
- Beastmaster – The streaming event culminates with a one of a kind “Tank vs. Superstar” event featuring WWE Superstars Kofi Kingston and Big E competing in a series of competitions against an actual MK5 Centurion Tank.
“SummerSlam Showdown will bring together tankers and WWE fans alike for some incredible challenges and events, as well as insights from American veterans who we as a company are very proud to support,” said TJ Wagner, Executive Producer at Wargaming Chicago-Baltimore.
“SummerSlam Showdown will provide fans of both World of Tanks and WWE with a unique opportunity to engage with some of their favorite Superstars while also supporting our military veterans,” said John Brody, WWE Executive Vice President, Global Head of Sales & Partnerships. “This exciting activation will add another layer to the partnership between WWE and World of Tanks as we head into SummerSlam on August 23.”
Watch the event live on Saturday 8th starting at 11:00pm (BST) on these channels:
About World of Tanks Console
World of Tanks Console is a team-based massively multiplayer online action game dedicated to armored combat. Players immerse themselves in fierce 15-v-15 tank combat with opponents from around the world, fight it out on more than 90 different maps, and take command of their preferred vehicle out of over 740 tanks from 11 different nations.
World of Tanks Console is played by more than 20 million players worldwide and is available on all generations of PlayStation®4 and Xbox One. World of Tanks Console can be downloaded for free by all PlayStation Network and Xbox Live account holders, with stunning 4K resolution and HDR support on PlayStation®4 Pro and Xbox One X. The epic, story-driven campaign mode War Stories can also be played for free, giving players the chance to rewrite history in immersive single-player and co-operative battles. With its latest addition World of Tanks: SummerSlam, players can enter the latest individually themed season to get an extra flavor on the game for a limited time only with some of the greatest Superstars from the WWE added to the game, like The Undertaker, Andre the Giant, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Becky Lynch or Sgt. Slaughter.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 4500+ employees and offices spread all over the world. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms. Their flagship products include the massively popular free-to-play hit World of Tanks and the strategic naval action game World of Warships.
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. WWE is committed to family-friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE’s TV-PG, family-friendly programming can be seen in more than 800 million homes worldwide in 28 languages. WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 over-the-top premium network that includes all live pay-per-views, scheduled programming and a massive video-on-demand library, is currently available in more than 180 countries. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Dubai, Munich and Tokyo.
Additional information on WWE (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.