On the surface, one might think that Rigid Force Redux is a bullet hell made with gorgeous aesthetics and crazy animations to keep track of. That’s actually not the case, though you still have a lot of nice scenery to look at. This is a game where the shoot ’em up genre continues to excel at fast-paced action without overwhelming the user on screen. You will find yourself battling various bosses, enemy ships, and figuring out which weapon tickles your fancy enough to not want to swap it out. You do have to make sure you pay attention to your surroundings or you’ll find yourself losing to both the enemy and the environment.
There are various modes, various ships, and a lot of points to earn in Rigid Force Redux. This is not just an impressive game by visual standards but gameplay standards as well. You are given interesting mechanics, such as firing in various directions at the push of a button, in order to help you with the pattern of enemies that come out you in different directions. You’ll find your ears and eyes constantly enamored with the sounds and music around you as you zip through the skies and press on with your mission. Some instances can seem a bit simple, but you are quickly reminded of how that simplicity comes with a benefit when enemy bosses throw everything but the kitchen sink at you.
My time spent with Rigid Force Redux was great. I never found it too difficult, but I also never found it too easy. It was the right balance of difficulty, mayhem, and pure destruction that I found myself playing time and time again in its Arcade mode to beat some of the leaderboard high scores. I wish it were longer, but that is possibly a good thing so I could put it down and go try out other games in my library. This was a great enhancement from Rigid Force Alpha and other games in its league should take notes on how you give a game a coat of polish to make it really shine.
About Rigid Force Redux
Battle it out against huge swarms of enemies, heavy gunships, laser wielding mechs and giant alien creatures. Every enemy has its own unique and challenging strategy, from the tiniest creature up to the largest boss. Arm your fighter with numerous upgradeable weapon systems and supplemental Force Shards! Collect Energy Orbs to fill up your energy supply and eventually unleash an extremely powerful blast against your foes! Just in case the extensive, action-packed Main Mission is not enough, try the challenging Arcade and Boss Rush Modes, defend your ranking in the global leaderboards and grab all 40 achievements.
● Classic side-scrolling shoot’em up action with modern 3D graphics
● Smooth 60 FPS for fluid gameplay
● Unique weapons and power-up systems inspired by the genre classics
● A wide variety of enemies, challenging mid-bosses and enormous end bosses
● An exciting story mode with animated cutscenes
● Six different action-packed 3D stages
● Additional Arcade and Boss Rush game modes for extended high score runs
● Adjustable difficulty levels — for beginners to shmup masters
● Improved UI and visuals, including a brand new character design by Manga Artist Damurushi
● Leaderboards and 40 unlockable achievements with brand-new full-screen illustrations
● Original synthwave soundtrack by DREAMTIME featuring Michael Chait