New Star Trek: Discovery Update Hails Captain Killy from the Terran Empire
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – March 5, 2019 – Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced Mirror of Discovery is now available for Star Trek Online on Xbox One and PlayStation®4. Console players can download the latest update for the free-to-play Star Trek MMORPG and uncover the fate of the Terran Empire’s Captain Killy (voiced by Mary Wiseman ) from the popular CBS television series, Star Trek: Discovery. Xbox One and PlayStation®4 players now have the opportunity to take on the leader of the I.S.S. Discovery herself in brand new missions, which all take place in the universe of Star Trek: Discovery. Mirror of Discovery also introduces an exciting update to the Task Force Operation System and special challenges to celebrate the anniversary of Star Trek Online.
In the first chapter of the continuing saga, Age of Discovery, players teamed up with Ensign Sylvia Tilly in the midst of a brutal war with Klingon forces. The journey continues with Mirror of Discovery, as Starfleet officers travel to the mysterious forest planet of Pahvo to investigate an unusual disturbance. An intense ion storm has enveloped the planet, somehow transporting a group of wanderers from another time period. Among these survivors is Captain Sylvia “Killy” Tilly, from the Terran Empire, who slaughtered her way into the captain’s seat of the I.S.S Discovery. Up until this point, it was assumed that the starship was destroyed by the Klingons at the same time that Starfleet’s U.S.S. Discoverycrossed into the Mirror Universe. The fate of Pahvo now lies in the hands of the Federation, who must stop Captain Killy and her remaining crew members from annihilating the planet.
These events all transpire across all-new missions featured in Mirror of Discovery. A full list of content introduced with today’s console update includes:
- Two New Featured Episodes – Captains hailing from all of the game’s various factions can experience two new playable episodes featuring Captain Sylvia Tilly of the Terran Empire.
- “Para Pacem” – Players will witness the I.S.S. Discovery’s fated confrontation with Klingon forces, in the middle of an ion storm above Pahvo.
- “Illusion of Communication” – Captains must stop Captain Killy from using Terran Empire technology to manipulate Pahvo’s peaceful biosphere.
- Anniversary Events – Star Trek Online celebrates nine years of exploring the Star Trek universe from within by bringing back the popular Omega Molecule Stabilization event. Players who stabilize Q’s scattered Omega particles can earn free Omega Particle Tech Upgrades and prize vouchers, redeemable for the new T6 Vulcan Scout Ship featured in Star Trek: Discovery.
- Battle at the Binary Stars – By popular demand, the Battle at the Binary Stars Event is now available as a Task Force Operation, with the debut of Advanced and Elite modes that will challenge even the most experienced players.
Star Trek Online is teaming up with For Fans By Fans for a Star Trek Fan Forge, the Mirror of Discovery Challenge. Participants can submit fan art for a chance to have their design featured on officially licensed merchandise. All entrants will receive special in-game prizing for Star Trek Online on PC and the top 5 designers will be granted an exclusive title and code to unlock the Discovery Operations Bundle. For additional details, please visit https://www.forfansbyfans.com/feature/star-trek-fan-forge-825.html
Catch up on the second season of Star Trek: Discovery by watching the series online through CBS All Access (https://www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-discovery/).
Star Trek Online is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online game that allows players to explore the Star Trek universe from within. Players can forge their own destiny as Captain of a Federation starship, champion the Empire through the far reaches of the galaxy as a Klingon Warrior, rebuild the Romulan legacy as the commander of a Romulan Republic Warbird or carry out daring missions on behalf of the Dominion as a Jem’Hadar soldier. Captains can also explore iconic locations from the Star Trek universe, make contact with new alien species and battle alongside other players in customizable starships. Star Trek Online is currently available on PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One.
To download and play Star Trek Online today for free, visit www.playstartrekonline.com.
Star Trek Online is licensed by CBS Consumer Products.
® & © 2019 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.